Celebrate "Talk Like a Pirate Day" using these Pirate Chants and Activities for K-6 students.Upper and lower elementary students will love imitating pirates and chanting about their life. Use the printables for extension activities.
K-6 Lessons- quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes.
• Three Music Lesson Plans with learning goals. Lesson Plans can be extended to cover between 4-6 class times.
• (8) Eight Pirate Chants.
4 Chants use quarter and eighth notes.
3 Chants use sixteenth, quarter and eighth notes.
• Each chant is written in three versions: Plain text, rhythmic text, text with rhythmic notation. (black and white plain text and rhythmic notation.)
• Pirate Beat Chart
• (6 ) Six Rhythm Writing Printables
• Write your own pirate chant printable.
• 1 Rhythm Composition printable in Color to use on a smart board.
• Movement activity using body percussion to play the rhythms.
• Mini-Cards of all Chants-ALL THREE VERSIONS!
• This resource comes in PDF and Power Point for easy printing and projecting!
Regular Classroom Teachers: This resource can be used in your Literacy Stations. You can use the text only chants and the Mini-Chant cards for literacy stations. The Writing printable is appropriate for grades 1-6.
***Please note that Kindergarten through 2nd grade students may need to be taught the chants using echo voice. (Teacher speaks-students copy)
You may also like: I’m A Pirate” Song and Dance Activity
Sing Play Create LLC Store Info:
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC.
For questions about content, other resources and copying, please use the “ASK A QUESTION” section.
Want a Freebie every month? Click on the Star under my store name and FOLLOW ME.
Want to get Free store Credits? Go to “my purchases” and click on “Provide Feedback”.
Follow Me here for Freebies and Sales
SING PLAY CREATE YOUTUBE
SING PLAY CREATE WEBSITE
SING PLAY CREATE FACEBOOK
SING PLAY CREATE INSTAGRAM
Thanks for stopping by!