This number sense resource gets your little pirates up and engaged in counting to 20. This packet has 5 sets of 20 Count the Room cards and multiple recording pages to provide differentiation. The cards and recording pages have pirate themed graphics. The graphics include pirate kids, a pirate ship, treasure chests, and parrots. This packet can be used at any time during the year. These activities are great for Talk Like a Pirate Day or pirate themes.
This versatile resource has many differentiation options to best meet the needs of your learners. There are options for addressing quantities to 10, quantities of 11 to 20, and quantities 1 to 20. There are recording pages for each option. (In order to give learners enough room to write, some pages will need to be copied front and back to address quantities for 1 to 20.)
After you have determined the quantities you are addressing with this activity, you may choose from a variety of response options to best meet the needs of your learners.
• Learners may write the numeral for the quantity represented on the card.
• Learners may draw tally marks for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw dominoes for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw dice for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw gold coins for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may complete ten frames for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may write the number word for the quantity represented on the card.
• Learners may write the numeral for the quantity represented on the card and continue counting by writing the next 2 numerals. For example: With a card representing 7, the learner would write 7, 8, 9 as a response.
Print, laminate, and cut out the cards. Make copies of the recording page for the quantities you have selected.
Hang the cards in places all around the room. Give each student a clipboard, pencil, and recording page. Learners search the room for the cards. When they find a card, they write their response in the correct space on the recording sheet.
This resource helps learners develop numeracy, and supports the Math Common Core Standards for Counting and Cardinality.
The graphics used in this packet are from various TpT clip artists. The credits page has a complete listing.
Thank you for looking at this resource. I hope you and your learners enjoy these activities.
Have fun counting on the high seas with your Pirate Friends!
Please click on the links below to view other resources you may enjoy.
Pirate Fun Math Centers (Numerals to 20)
Pirate Pals Ten Frames No-Prep Printables (Quantities of 11-20)
Pirate Fun Count and Clip Cards
Pirate CVC Write the Room
Pirate CVC Spell the Room
Pirate Literacy Activities Beginning Consonant Sounds
$$$ Saving BUNDLE
Pirates Addition Math Centers Bundle