Pirate based fun with an actual treasure hunt along with other literacy center activities. This pirate themed literacy center includes:
• Pirate Poetry Comprehension ; Word Work - After reading the poem, students complete comprehension activities, inferencing, and word work (identifying rhyming words, contractions, and synonyms).
• Poetry Writing (acrostic and couplet)
• Story Writing with prompts for beginning, middle, and end
• Fact and Opinion Cut and Paste
• Jolly Roger Craftivity
• Vocabulary - Students put pirate vocabulary words on a coin and the coins go into a treasure box that they make. Treasure box and directions are included.
• Treasure Map - Make your own map.
• Treasure Hunt – Each student gets a hint (poem form) where their treasure is. There are 18 separate treasure hunt riddles.