Pixar Short Film Workshop: A Christmas Star
Super fun way to teach NARRATIVE writing and LITERARY ELEMENTS
- Narrative Writing
***Short films and narrative writing are a PERFECT match. Students simply follow the film and provide the missing narration!***
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN THIS RESOURCE:
Identify the literary elements of the film
- Two essential questions
- Guided extended response
- Two guided short answer constructed responses
- Discover the theme through conflict and resolution activity
- Two descriptive language challenges using suggested words and a thesaurus to find better word choices for the narrative they will complete
- One paired short story link for students to analyze
- Guided whole class theme discussion, along with an activity to relate personal themes in their own lives.
- Narrative writing: Students narrate the film A Christmas Star.
Short Film Digital Study: Hey Deer!
Christmas Cards: Digital Sharing Activity
Tuck Everlasting DEEP Digital Novel Study
StoryCHAT! Google Slides Social Media Simulation for ANY story or text
Follow Me For Discounts, Sales, and New Product Deals