This is a colored pencil portrait unit for middle school students. You will need to have Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Elements software in order to use this unit.
Students overlay a grid on top of a digital photo (via photoshop) and print it out 8 1/2" by 11" - Students will then reproduce their gridded photo using colored pencils on 11" by 17" graph paper, to create a "pixelated" version of their portrait.
In this bundle, you will receive:
- Complete lesson plan document (.pdf and word doc files)
- SMARTboard presentation (introduction to the unit)
- PowerPoint version of the SMARTboard presentation
- Practice worksheet/printable for students: converting a photo to pixels (two versions: Word Doc and PDF)
- Adobe Photoshop file: Grid Overlay (landscape orientation)
- Adobe Photoshop file: Grid Overlay (portrait orientation)
- Step-by-step Photoshop directions (printable) for overlaying a grid on a photo (two versions: Word Doc and PDF)
- Final project rubric and reflection prompts (Word Doc file)
- Final project rubric and reflection prompts (PDF file)