Do you need a fun way to review form, rhythmic concepts, and instruments in the string family through a classical connection? If so, these listening activities are for you! This set of activities focuses on Johann Strauss Jr.'s "Pizzicato Polka"
The set includes:
- Pizzicato Polka PREVIEW PDF (shows all files included in the set)
- String Family Slideshow PDF (for Projection)
- String Family Dabber Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can use bingo dabbers or crayons/markers/colored pencils to mark the string instruments.
- Composer Bio Teacher Edition (Printable in Color)
- Composer Bio Student Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can fill in the information about Strauss Jr. while the teacher shares from the Teacher's Edition.
- Animated Listening Map PowerPoint (for Projection)
**This listening map focuses on identifying the form through instrumental themes. It includes the composer biography as well.
- Animated Listening Map Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can color the instrument pictures and use the worksheet as a manipulative to track the form while listening to the piece.
- Instrument Play Along Activity PDF (for Projection)
**Students can perform rhythmic patterns that coincide with the instrumental themes of the form.
- Rhythm Performance Assessment (Printable)
**Students can perform one of the rhythmic patterns from the piece as an assessment.
- Rhythm Composition Assessment (Printable)
**Students can write their own patterns for each theme to perform with the piece as an assessment.
Due to copyright, the recordings of the pieces are not included with this product.
This product is included in the Orchestra MEGA Pack of Listening Activities and Assessments
Please follow us for product updates and freebies! We also value your feedback! Thank you for your support of Cowgirl Compositions!