Place Value - Third Grade PowerPoint
Number lines, decomposing, comparing, place value discs and base-ten blocks make this comprehensive presentation a valuable tool for 3rd grade Texas teachers. It is interactive and full of TEK specific content. It keeps the students engaged with variety, choice, rigor, and partner time. The original version contains a great deal of animation and the text is fully editable. You can add slides, delete slides or rearrange slides. The clip art is "glued" in place but the text and animation are easy to edit. An edited/updated version is also included to allow the embedded font to be read correctly on Apple devices with PowerPoint software and the newest versions of PowerPoint. This version is limited in editing text but slides can be added, deleted, and rearranged which will give you similar editing abilities if you have an Mac or other device that will not read the original version correctly.
The content of the presentation is divided into 8 sections:
1. Wagon Wheel Slides: Introduce place value and practice the use of base ten blocks.
2. Sheriff Badge Slides: Introduce and practice the use of place value discs.
3. Cowboy Hat Slides: Introduce and practice the use of open number lines including vertical and horizontal number lines
4. Fence Post Slides: Introduce and practice the skill of comparing numbers.
5. Cowboy Boot Slides: Introduce and practice the skill of decomposing large numbers.
6. Barrel Slides: Introduce and practice sketching base ten blocks and representing numbers with multiple models.
7. True False Quiz: Students respond to 10 comprehensive thought provoking questions in a whole group setting.
8. Questions for Math Journals: Offer choice and are placed in the back but can be easily moved forward as desired.
Students respond to practice questions on marker boards or paper. At times, they share with a partner and at times they work with small groups. This presentation is created with the top TEK resources in mind. It is suggested to spend 8 days working towards mastery of the skills and concepts contained in the slide show.
View the preview to see a portion of the content. These slides are randomly chosen and do not represent the sequence necessary for student success.
Visit my store
for other products to engage, enrich, and empower your students.
Additional related products include:
Place Value Task Cards
3rd Grade Place Value Bundle
(This product includes the PowerPoint plus additional activities and materials)
Place Value Assessments
Place Value Review - STAAR Practice Activities
Math Puzzles using Place Value and Other Key Concepts
For students performing above or below grade level:
Place Value 2nd Grade
Place Value 4th Grade
For additional content suggestions, please see:
Estimate to Add and Subtract Fluently
Addition and Subtraction Bundle
This product is intended for the buyer's classroom use only. If you wish to share with another teacher, it is necessary to purchase an additional license. Thank you for adhering to these important copyright procedures.