Do your students need help understanding place value? Do you want more practice to add to the units that are provided in your curriculum? Do you want to continue practicing place value with your students throughout the year?
This unit includes:
- A pretest and posttest - to determine student success level in rounding, addition, and subtraction
- 32 Clipcards - to practice rounding at basic, intermediate, and advanced levels
- Place Value Bookmarks - to remind students of place value lessons
- Place Value Flipbook - to help students determine the value of a digit
- Math Center - to help students practice place value in a fun, interactive way
- Addition Number Line Practice - a worksheet to practice addition number lines
- Place Value Worksheet - a worksheet to practice place value with place value cubes
- Rounding Puzzles - puzzles to use within a center to practice rounding
- Sports Themed Book - rounding, addition, and subtraction number lines
- Addition Properties Flipbook - a flipbook to review commutative, identity, and associative properties of addition
These would easily make great review/practice activities throughout the year or to add to your place value unit. Students that understand place value are more likely to fully understand your math lessons later on in the year.
As a bonus, you get my Expanded Form Task Cards - ranging in difficulty from basic (two-digit numbers already broken apart) to complex (four-digit numbers with space for students to generate the place value pieces).