Place Value! This package contains a printable 10,000 chart. The 10,000 chart is made from 100 hundred charts. Each chart is labeled with the last number on the chart. Each hundred chart does NOT need to be cut out because the pages fit together like a puzzle.
Checkout the preview for a closer look!
• Use a sticky hand to slap the 10,000 chart. Identify and Zoom In on the hundred chart under the sticky hand. In the thumbnail, the 3,400 hundred chart is under the sticky hand. To Zoom In, identify the first and last number belonging on the chart under the sticky hand. Answer the questions on the right side of the Zoom In printable (see thumbnail).Slap the 10,000 chart again and Zoom In. The Zoom In printable, may be displayed on an interactive whiteboard. It may also be laminated or placed in a clear report cover so that students may complete using dry erase markers. A smaller version of the printable is included so that students may complete it with a pencil.
• Find number patterns: how many 100s are in ten thousand?
• Slap the 10,000 chart, and then identify the hundred chart under the hand. Figure out how many more to 10,000. For example, 3,400 + ____ = 10,000.
• Two people slap the 10,000 chart, and then find the difference between the two numbers.
• Two people slap the 10,000 chart, and then find the sum of the two numbers.
Click here for more place value resources!