Also included in
- Engage your 2nd and 3rd grade students throughout your place value unit with this bundle of fun math activities! It's perfect for whole-class activities, small group interventions, math stations, fast finisher activities, homework and review. You will save so much time planning your place value unitPrice $14.20Original Price $17.75Save $3.55
If you're looking for a fun, engaging activity to help your 3rd-grade students practice place value strategies, look no further than this Place Value Activity! Using the Two Truths and a Lie game concept, students will use error analysis to decide which choice is a lie. This PRINT & GO activity is perfect for math centers! It gives students important practice with place value concepts that are the basis of number understanding!
See the Preview for a Closer Look!
How to Use this Place Value Activity:
⭐ Students are given 3 place value representations and must determine which 2 are true and which one is a lie.
⭐ There are 5 different activities in this resource that help students practice with
• expanded form
• base ten blocks
• largest number
• underlined digit value
• short word form
⭐ This Place Value Activity has so much flexibility! Use it in a printer-friendly black and white version or color and/or a digital version in Google™ Slides. Use it whichever way is best for YOU and your STUDENTS:
Why you will love this versatile and flexible place value math activity!
★ Cut and paste math centers activity: hands-on place value activity that will completely engage your students in error analysis!
★ Print and laminate the pieces and use them multiple times: If you want to save time, prep this resource to be used over and over.
★ Assign the digital version in a math computer center.
What's Included in this Resource:
1) Two Truths and a Lie Organizer Sheet, 2) Place Value Representation Cards, and 3) Answer Key for:
- Expanded Form
- Base Ten Blocks
- The Largest Number
- Underlined Digit Value
- Short Word Form
This Place Value Activity can easily be used in these settings:
- Whole Group Instruction: Model error analysis with your entire group.
- Small Group Instruction: Perfect for remediation and intervention
- Math Centers: Fun and engaging!
- Formative Assessment: Check for place value understanding
- Partner Work: Working together to find the errors is fun and supportive
If you and your students love this fun and engaging error analysis activity for Place Value, you will love these too!
• Multiplication Activities for 3rd Grade | Error Analysis | 2 Truths & a Lie
Need more engaging and rigorous PLACE VALUE resources?
"Don't forget to leave feedback -you will receive TPT credits that you can use toward future purchases!
Thank you for visiting Teaching in the Heart of Florida