Hands-on activity for 2
players based on the Common Core Standard 3.NBT.1 The game is differentiated based on 2, 3, and 4 digit numbers, this helps meet the needs of all of your students! Great to use in math centers and or small groups!
Materials needed: cards (1-9)
Hundreds chart (optional)
1. Each player gets half of the deck of cards
2. Each player flips over his or her top THREE cards.
3. Each player then tries to make the BIGGEST number possible.
Example: If you get a 4, 6, and 2 you would make 642 because it is the
4. Record your cards in the space below. Write your final answer on the line
5. The player who makes the biggest three digit number gets to keep their cards and the other player’s.
6. Play until time is up. The player with the MOST cards wins!