This Place Value Bundle contains four different activities to be used in your 2nd or 3rd grade classroom.
1) Place Value Task Cards - Find 32 color task cards asking a wide variety of place value questions. The last eight task cards go into the 1000s place for students that need enrichment. Some questions require multiple answers.
2) Place Value Puzzle Pieces - Find 20 place value puzzles. Each puzzle has four pieces: standard form, expanded form, word form and place value blocks. Cut up several puzzles and have students put them together. Could also be used for morning work, math warm-up, partner practice or small group review.
3) Place Value Spinners - Find 12 spinners. The spinners allow your students to write numbers in expanded form, word form, or standard form. There are a few blank spinners for you to design your own or students to design their own spinner.
4) Place Value Worksheets - Reinforce place value skills to the 1,000s place in many different varieties. Here is a breakdown:
* Place Value - Tens & Ones (color in the value of the digit that is underlined)
* Place Value - Hundreds, Tens, & Ones (color in the value of the digit that is underlined)
* Place Value - Thousands, Hundreds, Tens, & Ones (color in the value of the digit that is underlined)
* Place Value Riddles - Tens & Ones Place
* Place Value Riddles - Hundreds, Tens, & Ones Place
* Place Value Riddles - Thousands, Hundreds, Tens, & Ones Place
* Place Value Create-a-Number - Follow the rule to create a new number
* Place Value Writing Numbers - Look at the place value blocks and write the number in word form and standard form
* Place Value Fishing Trip - Color the fish according to the place value criteria
* Place Value Falling Leaves - Color the leaves according to the place value criteria
These activities can be sent home for students to practice with a parent, in math centers or small guided math groups. These are an excellent supplement to your place value curriculum lessons.
Teacher's Game Plan