These place value cards will allow students to practice reading and writing numbers in addition to identifying place value, digits, and value.
These cards can be used to supplement any of your place value lessons. Have students use these cards to play a math station game, use them with your small groups, allow students to use them as independent work, etc.
One idea for using these cards in an easy math station game with minimal preparation:
- Student A will read the card while another student(s) will write down the specific number
- If the student(s) write the number correctly, they will get a point
- Student A then reads the question on the place value card while the student(s) write down their answer
- If the student(s) get the answer correct, they will get another point
- Students will continue to take turns until it is time to rotate and the student with the most points wins
*this will help students not only practice reading and writing numbers, but it will also allow students to practice applying the specific vocabulary that goes along with place value in a way that is very engaging for all students