A place value chart to help students read, record, understand numbers and how they work!
Designed to be a visual display which is kept up all year round, to assist students’ learning of place value and our number system.
Included is a large Place Value Chart, with 9 sections and a heading. The chart is best printed in colour and A3 size, however will be a great addition to your room printed at any size.
Other possible ideas for use:
- Display the posters using the size of the numbers your students are working with, i.e. only display up to thousands if that’s what your students are working with, or alternatively, display larger numbers for senior school
- Print mini versions for students to have on their tables
- Play games like ‘Number Clues’, where you model a number story for your students, i.e. “There are 6 thousands, 4 hundreds, 7 tens and 9 hundreds. What number am I?”
- Create open-ended questions for students, i.e. I am a 5 digit number with an 8 in the tens column. What number could I be?
- Have a ‘Number of the day’ to help build fluency in your students
I’d love to hear any other suggestions you might have, so please feel free to leave any feedback!
If you have enjoyed this, don't forget to check out some of my other Maths resources, such as my Addition and Subtraction Fact Frenzy Bundle or Multiplication & Division Fact Family Task Cards.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me prior to purchasing!
Don't forget to rate this product to earn future TpT credits!