Also included in
- Place value worksheets to print and go (and now in a digital format) and expanded form monster craft bundle. Ideal for first grade, but can be used with small intervention groups for differentiation and reinforcement, and for homework. Place Value Monster Craft is differentiated for 2, 3 and 4 dig$10.39$16.49Save $6.10
- You will love how easy planning is with this complete first grade math unit bundle. The 8 math units provide comprehensive coverage of standards, and the supplemental crafts and activities offer a hands-on high-interest approach to learning. Great for reinforcement, homework or group centers.By buyi$54.59$60.65Save $6.06
- Are you hybrid teaching and looking for a way for students to review place value and expanded form and to engage them without relying on worksheets? This digital craft for your Google Classroom™ and hands-on craft for your in person students ensures both your remote and face-to-face students have f$6.00$8.50Save $2.50
Are you looking for a fun way to review place value and expanded form and to engage students without relying on worksheets? Your students will have so much fun creating their own individual unique monsters with this craftivity while practicing standard and expanded form. Your admin will love seeing math combined with creativity - get set to impress! Makes a fantastic bulletin board display that students, their parents and your co-workers will love!
These simple and colorful expanded form place value activity monsters are for two, three and four digit numbers for first and second grade, making this place value craftivity a fun and engaging way to show what students have learned! Easy to prep!
- Step by step directions with photographs (Ideal if you want to have it as a math center activity - simply post the photos and leave for students to complete independently)
- Templates for the monsters
- Three "OH NO, I'm expanding!" worksheets, differentiated for 2, 3 and 4 digit numbers.
There are three monster head templates with interchangeable eyes and mouths so that your monsters can be as unique as your students. Give each student a different number with 2, 3 or 4 digits, to meet their needs. No two students will be working on the same number, but everyone will be making a monster in this differentiated but inclusive craft.
Each monster will need an 8.5 x 11" body background.
"Sometimes I have difficulty with quality, engaging, educational activities for my class and this hits the mark! I have used this activity with three different classes, it's been a hit each time. They love having choices with their monster creations and it's a quick way for me to assess their place value and number sense skills. It also looks super cute hanging on a bulletin board." - Courtneosaurus
"My kids did this activity during an evaluation and they loved it. I also had tons of people come to me when they were done to comment on the cute monsters in the hallway. I will do this every year! I gave the kids different numbers so I was able to differentiate the activity for all my kids! I cannot say enough good things about this!" - Melanie T
These monsters are very simple to make and will make your place value lessons come alive allowing easy differentiation for work on tens, hundreds and thousands!
Did you buy this when it was on sale? ALL PRODUCTS are discounted for the first 48 hours after uploading. Don't miss out!