This product includes 10 engaging math centers that can be used to practice fifth grade place value skills. Students have a recording book and rotate through 10 different centers. Centers include constructed response math journaling, task cards and sorts.
This resource was created in collaboration by The Primary Gal
and Not So Wimpy Teacher. Creating this resource as a team helped us to increase the quality of the math centers!
**Would you like to learn how I use these math centers? Click HERE to view a free video on how to implement math centers.**
All centers are included in color and black and white!
1. Math journaling (value of a whole number vs. decimal)
2. This or That? (read clues to determine the correct number)
3. Rounding decimals to the nearest whole number
4. Rounding to the nearest tenth and hundredth
5. Making Numbers (using number tiles to create numbers with the least or greatest value)
6. Expanded form
7. Coparing decimals to .5
8. Powers of 10 (multiplying & dividing by 10, 100 or 1,000)
9. Value of underlined digits
10. Word form
These centers are perfect for an independent math center. My students work on them when I am meeting with guided math groups. Each center includes simple, student friendly directions. This allows students to be more independent. They could also be used for morning work or fast finishers.
Teacher answer key is provided.
Please look at the preview for a sneak peak at some of the centers.
Available in this money saving bundle:
Math Center Bundle for Fifth Grade
More 5th Grade Centers:
Back to School
I also have centers for other grade levels!