This game is used to practice place value and expanded form.
You will need these worksheets and a deck of cards.
1. Give a group of students a deck of cards
2. Each student needs one game board
3. Each student pulls 2, 3, or 4 cards depending on the place values they are working on. If they are working on only tens and ones then they draw 2 cards. If they are working on ones, tens, and hundreds they draw 3 cards.
4. The student lays the cards drawn on the game board under each place value.They can pick any order they want when laying the cards down.
5. Then they use the cards to put the number into expanded form at the bottom. ( example: if the student draws a 3,4, and 7 and lays the 3 in the hundreds, the 4 card in the tens and the 7 card in the ones, they would write 300+40+7=347 for the expanded form)
6. After the have completed this, they will put the cards at the bottom of the deck.
7. The student will then draw another set of cards.