PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These 3 Digit Place Value Magic Square Puzzles Math Center Games make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on activities that meet the needs of all second, third, and fourth grade students! Let your students practice their place value skills within three digit numbers.
LOOKING TO SAVE SOME MONEY? THIS RESOURCE IS PART OF TWO BUNDLES. CLICK ON EITHER ONE BELOW TO LEARN MORE:
→ PLACE VALUE MAGIC SQUARE PUZZLES
→ 200+ MATH MAGIC SQUARE PUZZLES FOR GRADES 3-5
These place value puzzles will help your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders master various aspects of place value with three digit numbers. Work on standard form, expanded form, and word form.
There are nine Magic Square puzzles in this product. However, there are two of each puzzle – one with pictures for students who need a little more guidance in the direction the pieces should face and one without pictures so other students can have more of a challenge. This is differentiation at its finest!
WHAT YOU GET:
• Nine three-digit number place value puzzles
• two options of each puzzle above - one with images and another set without - this way you can differentiate to best meet the needs of ALL learners
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
• Centers, stations, or rotations
• Early or fast finishers
• GATE (gifted and talented education)
• Worksheet alternatives
• Critical thinking skills
• Student, partner, or small group collaboration
• Test prep
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
• This is a great game to get the kids thinking outside of the box. My second graders loved it!
• My students constantly ask me to take out this activity because they love it so much. They love to have a race to see who can finish theirs the quickest!
• Perfect for all students but it's nice to have the different ones to challenge them also!
• The gifted first graders I work with loved the challenge these puzzles offer. I loved the conversations about perseverance they lead to.
• Another AWESOME way to differentiate for my high/fast learners!!
• Can I just say how much I absolutely LOVE these!! Never mind the kids, let me play!!!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY:
These great place value game activities are great for your second, third, and fourth grade classroom or homeschool students. Print, cut, and go! You'll soon have great place value learning stations you can differentiate to meet the needs of ALL learners in your classroom.
These puzzles also work great to promote critical thinking and work on growth mindset. Choose the easier version of the puzzles (with the images), or use the puzzles without images for an added challenge.
Let your students practice their standard, expanded, and word form with these addicting puzzles!
Pages 1-3 – match standard form to word form (three digit numbers)
Page 3-6 – match word form to expanded form (three digit numbers)
Page 7-9 – expanded form to standard form (three digit numbers)
**Each magic square will have students answer 24 math problems!**
Not sure how Magic Squares work? Check out this blog post!
Love Magic Square Puzzles? You can find even more in my store!
Thanks for looking!