This unit was created for first graders who are tackling the concepts of place value in March. It includes ten hands-on center activities with optional recording sheets. Bonus graphing activity also included!
Thanks for checking it out!
1. Leaping Over The Rainbow - counting on task cards focusing on multiples of ten from a given point
2. Backtracking With Tricky the Leprechaun - counting back by ones from a given point
3. Lucky's Loot Task Cards - Students work on adding and subtracting multiples of ten by first counting place value blocks to determine their starting point (recording sheet and additional worksheet included)
4. Leprechaun Addition and Subtraction Puzzles - The focus is on two digit addition and subtraction without regrouping
5. Two Digit Addition and Subtraction Task Cards- Students use an open number line to solve. This also includes a blank template where students can roll dice to build their own equations and solve with the number line.
6.Money Match Up - Students count dimes and pennies in the leprechaun's pot. They then find the matching base ten card (tens and ones).
7.Roll, Color, and Record - Students build two or three digit numbers by rolling dice, coloring in the base ten blocks to match, and recording their answers on sheet. These are great for using with plastic sleeves. Students can use dry erase markers and the sheets can be used multiple times.
8. One More One Less/Ten More/Ten Less Clovers - Students read two digit numbers on clovers. They figure out what one more/less and ten more/ less will be. Answers are recorded on the template. Blank template is also included so that students can roll dice and build their own.
9. Leprechaun Two Digit Puzzles - Students solve two digit addition and subtraction equations and match the equations to the leprechaun. (no regrouping)
10. Weather Data and Graphing - Students spin and gather data. They use the data to create a bar or picture graph. Lastly, they answer questions about the graph.
11. Expanded Form Clip-Its - Students clip the correct expanded form matching the number on the picture cards.