Provide students with opportunities to build a foundation of place value with stations by standard! These workstations allow students to apply the concepts of place value with 15 different hands-on activities.
Ten Plus Towers
- Composing teen numbers as ten and more and writing the expanded form.
Tens and Ones
- Cooresponding the tens and ones to the digits in a partner game
Build the Digit
- Construction themed building numbers with base ten blocks
Base Ten Ball
- Baseball themed matching game with pictorial representations of base ten and digits
- building number with base ten and using the greater than less than symbol with the digits.
Place Value Poster
- representing two digit numbers by number word, base ten, expanded form, ten more, and ten less
Place Value Word Problems
- Word problems with a building and solving mat.
"Gum" Me More
- Finding ten more than a number
Ten Less Seeds
- Finding ten less than a number
- Spinning and building numbers to compare with a partner
Poppin' Up Place Value
- Partner game of recognizing base ten numbers and covering them on a popcorn themed mat
- Number puzzles with base ten, expanded form, number words, digits, and tens and ones
-Ordering numbers to 120
Off to the Races
- Composing numbers by ones and tens to 120 in a race with a partner
-Creating the largest two digit number with drawn cards and comparing with a partner in a game
Get the Stations by Standards Bundle
Stations by Standard Bundle
Related Place Value Products for First Grade
Place Value Guided Math Whole Group and Small Group Lessons and Activities
Place Value Interactive Math Games
Place Value exit tickets, place value number chats, place value practice pages
Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits