Place Value Number Puzzles build students' number sense as they learn the place value system through standard, expanded, and word forms.
This type of representation allows students to focus on the value of each digit and support their understanding of the place value system.
Two Version of the Place Value Puzzles (Great for differentiation!)
- 28 Place Value Puzzles (Version 1: with standard form, two types of expanded form, and word form)
- 28 Place Value Puzzles (Version 2: with standard form, expanded form, word form, and the place value written as hundreds, tens, and ones)
- Four Recording Sheets (accountability for independent work or math stations/centers, allows you to pick the emphasis for when your students are using the Place Value Number Puzzles)
- Two pages for Interactive Math Notebook, one for each version of puzzle (each pages has four small number puzzles)
Why use Place Value Number Puzzles?
- Students may incorrectly use the word “and” to represent the number in words. These puzzles help students see the word form pattern.
- Students may not use the hyphen appropriately when representing numbers in words. These puzzles help students see the written pattern.
- Students need to focus on the value of each digit which will support their understanding of the place value system when looking at each piece.
- The two versions of the Place Value Number Puzzles allow you to differentiate for the needs of your class or particular students. Version 1 may be helpful for gifted and advanced students, while Version 2 may be most helpful for your students who are struggling with place value.
If you like what you see, follow me! I'm always updating the store with new resources for you. Follow me by clicking on the green "Follow Me" star under my store name on this page.
Thank you for your ratings and feedback! Looking forward to hear from you!