UPDATED: now includes a suggested order to deliver the lessons.
This package includes everything you need to teach the entire Place Value unit (aligned to the Ontario grade 6 curriculum). This unit includes numbers up to millions, decimals to thousandths, rounding and prime/composite numbers. However, accommodations are provided where appropriate and many lessons contain open ended questions or parallel tasks to allow students of different levels to achieve success.
- 3-page teacher guide for teaching the unit including suggestions to incorporate the included materials and how to effectively teach 3-part math lessons
- Expectations chart for students and parent communication (provided in PDF and Word for editing)
- Assessment guide and success criteria for notebooks (provided in PDF and Word for editing)
- 3 Concept pages for student notebooks
- 13 three-part math lessons created using Notebook software for use on Smartboards
- Any blackline masters needed (provided in PDF and Word for editing)
- Links to websites that can provide additional practice
- Study Guide/Sample Questions to use for extra practice, homework or formative assessment
- Final unit test (provided in PDF and Word for editing)
This unit is part of this huge bundle:
Entire Year of Math Units
Just want the included test?
Place Value Test
Math Assessments All Units
Math Expectations Charts All Units
Computations Fractions Decimals Percents Unit
2D 3D Geometry Unit
Mental Math Strategies Unit
Data Management Unit
Place Value Unit
Transformational Geometry Unit
Rates and Ratios Unit