The new Common Core State Standards set a rigor for students in each grade. Being our elementary math contact and teaching second grade math, I know how important it is that students can decompose numbers. I've created this sheet to target multiple skills such as: expanded form, standard form, writing a number three ways, and value of digits.
This sheet can be used whole group, for fast finishers, in centers laminated, or for small groups.
This sheet aligns with the Common Core mathematical practices below:
1. CCSS.Math.Practice.MP1 Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. CCSS.Math.Practice.MP3 Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
3. CCSS.Math.Practice.MP4 Model with mathematics.
4. CCSS.Math.Practice.MP5 Use appropriate tools strategically.
5. CCSS.Math.Practice.MP5 Use appropriate tools strategically.
Common Core Standards this is linked to:
2. NBT. 1
2. NBT. 3
2. NBT. 6
2. NBT. 9
As well as many other grades. :-) Thank you for your interest and time. I hope you find this useful! xo