This product is a supplement to place value units. It contains, posters, graphic organizers, and games to help review the concept of place value.
Included in this pack:
- Place Value Posters that show ways to write numbers. Posters are included for Expanded Form, Word Form, Standard Form, and Picture Form. Each poster comes in color, and black and white. There are also smaller versions of each poster to use in notebooks.
- Graphic Organizer: Ways to Show Numbers. Students write a number at the top and then can show it in 4 different ways. (Expanded, Word, Standard, Picture form) This could be a great exit ticket or warmup.
- Blank Place Value Chart (goes up to hundred thousands) – these are also great to laminate to use multiple times
- Rollin’ Place Value Center – Students roll a number then show other ways to show that number (for 3 and 4 digit numbers)
- Place Value Graphic organizer – This is similar to the Rollin’ Place Value center page, but can be used for 5 and 6 digit numbers also
- Around The World Place Value – This contains 24 task cards about place value. They can be hung up around the room for students to move about and solve the problems. It can also be used as a Scoot game on their desks. Cards can also just be put in a center as review. This has a recording sheet, as well as an answer key.
- Place Value War Game - This is a game for small groups. Played like the card game war, there are cards for numbers 1 to 9 each labeled with a place value underneath. Students turn over their card and the person with the highest place value gets all the cards. This game has cards that go up to the hundred thousands, but you can adjust and play with only lower place values also. Directions included. Laminate or print on cardstock for longer use!
- Place Value Bingo Game – This can be played as a whole class or small group game. Students write down a number, then the caller chooses cards that are labeled with a number and place value. If students have the correct number in that spot they circle it. First player to get all the numbers circled has bingo. This game has cards that go up to the hundred thousands, but you can adjust and play with only lower place values also. Directions included. Laminate or print on cardstock for longer use!