Are you ready to have a Place Value Party? This resource has FIVE engaging and interactive activities that your students are sure to love! Here's what is included:
- Place Value Party Banner (black and white)
- Place Value Cake "Delicious Digits": Students create a cake (or use the blackline version) to show a number between 1-20. The cake base is made of two ten-frames so that students can show their number on the ten frame. Then they will show the numbers that are one more and one less on the candles. Two options: Blackline Master or Cut/Paste/Put Together
- Place Value Crown "Courtly Counters": Students create a crown (Crowns for Numbers 1-30 available). Students trace the number word, write the number word, find the number on the number line, show the number in pictorial form, trace/color the standard form, and show the number on a ten frame. Then the class can create a classroom number line, compare numbers, or order numbers.
- Place Value Balloons: 25 place value tasks that can be placed in a balloon. Blow up the balloon. Pop. Complete the task! (Greater/Less Than, Missing Numbers, Comparing Numbers, Counting On, Counting Numbers)
- Pin the Nose on the Clown: Students are shown a number on a ten frame.. If their number is being shown, students bring up their nose and pin it on the clown! 30 place numbers and ten frames are included.
- Riddle Me This: 12 Task Cards with "Which number is greater" question. Students are shown two numbers. They can build these numbers with cubes to use a concrete model. Students decide which number is greater. Students locate that number on their number grid to reveal the answer to a riddle.
*Please Note: The numbers included in this unit are 0-20 (Some to 30 so that teachers have enough for each student).
For Numbers to 20 Place Value Party Click HERE!
For 2-Digit Place Value Party click HERE!
For 3-Digit Place Value Party click HERE!
For 5-Digit Place Value Party click HERE!