Place Value Perfection
Anchor charts and 13 different activities to teach 1.NBT.B and 2.NBT.A!
Provides tons of differentiation for all learners!
This packet includes:
* detailed teacher directions
* 23 anchor charts to project/display to teach base ten, place value, and expanded form
* Where Do I Belong – make numbers based on what the teacher calls – includes number cards and comma - get them up and creating numbers to understand place value
* Flipbooks – 2 different sets with 3 levels – includes 10s, 100s, and 1,000s
* Place Value Rollin’ – use dice to roll numbers to practice drawing base ten blocks – great as a center or with a partner
* Number Foldable – this is great as a quick assessment – let kids pick a number and show their stuff – gives them practice showing the 4 ways to write the number
* Layered Flipbooks – draw/write about the different ways to show numbers - includes pictures of the finished product
* Build Me a Number – 2 sets using 10s and 100s – great for partner work – one student pulls a card and the other student builds that number with place value blocks – if you don’t have enough place value blocks for the class a printable is included so you can make paper ones
* Place Value Sort – 2 sets included – 10s and 100s – great for differentiation – printable to practice identifying place value
* Place Value Name – use base ten drawings to make their names and find each names "value"– this is a difficult activity and is meant for advanced students or to be worked on in small groups - includes pictures of the finished product
* Place Value Puzzles – wonderful for early finishers – 2 different puzzles
* Roll it… Color it… - 2 different sets – 10s and 100s – roll a number and color the base ten blocks to go with it – very good for reteaching and partner work
* Accordion Place Value – use sentence strips or large strips of construction paper to show how a number goes together - detailed instructions/pictures are included for the teacher
* Place Value SCOOT – task cards, directions for game, and answer sheet – get the kids up and moving while they identify place value – fantastic for quick assessments and review – comes with a game for 10s and another for 100s
* Race to 100/120 – 2 different game boards – work with a partner to roll a dice to race to the highest number
Download the preview to see a sample of the pages included in the packet.
You might also like:
Singular and Plural Nouns
Types of Sentences
Measuring Length - Measure Me With What?
Symmetry Made Simple
Visit My TPT Store:
Visit My TPT Store
Come Collaborate with me!
Blog (Smith’s Safari Adventures – Tracy Smith)
Want to receive email updates when I post new products, freebies, and SALES? Click the green star at the top to start following my store!
© Tracy Smith 2015