Use these slides to teach and/or review place value. They could also be used as a math center.
2.NBT.A.1 Learning Targets (I can)
- Explain that a hundred is ten groups of ten using representations.
- Represent each digit in a three-digit number using hundreds, tens, and ones.
- Explain the value of each digit in a three-digit number (place value).
- Explain the value of the zeros in a given hundred as zero tens and zero ones.
- Decompose a three-digit number in various ways (i.e. 734 is 7 hundreds, 3 tens, and 4 ones or 6 hundreds, 13 tens, and 4 ones, or 7 hundreds, 2 tens, and 14 ones).