Let your students practice place value in a fun, creative way! This is a great activity in springtime - especially around Easter. It makes a great bulletin board or classroom display!
Students will write and/or represent the number written on the torso. They can cut out a rabbit head - or to create one of their own.
This is the Easter/Springtime version of my Place Value Monster Math
product. Examples and additional previews of the product can be seen on that product page.
- instructions and example
- 2 pages of rabbit heads (big/small)
- 1 page of blank limbs to decompose numbers
- 1 page of limbs to represent numbers
- 1 page of limbs to represent numbers to 10 with clipart
- 3 pages of limbs with dotted words (for 2-, 3-, and 4-digit numbers)
- blank page of torsos
- 7 pages of 1- and 2- digit number torsos (all #s 0-20)
- 8 pages of 2-digit number torsos (greater than 20)
- 8 pages of 3-digit number torsos
- 8 pages of 4-digit number torsos
* There are 3 torsos per page.
Students can extend this as a Visual Arts project by creating a background scene for their rabbit.
Ontario Curriculum links: Grades 1-4 Number Sense and Numeration, Visual Arts (craftivity)
Remember to leave feedback in order to earn TPT points - which can be used toward future purchases!
Looking to spice up your Math block? Check out my Primary Open Math Problems package!