Objective: To pair the place value number form clue to its match.
Materials: Copy of Place Value - Ways to Form Numbers Dominoes, on card stock, laminated and cut out.
Activity: This game/activity is played in groups of 2-4 students.
1. To play the dominoes, shuffle them and pass them out until they are gone. The object of the game is to match the top half of a domino to the bottom half of another domino.
2. Players will turn all of the dominoes face up on the table in front of them.
The first player places a domino in the middle of the table and reads both halves of the domino to the rest of the group.
3. Each player looks at their dominoes to see who has the domino with the correct match. That player lays the domino at one of the ends of the one already on the table.
4. Another player can check the answer key to verify the answer.
5. Now that player reads the unmatched half of the domino they just played. (Students are allowed to help each other through discussion about how to get the correct answer.)
6. Play continues in this way until all the dominoes are played.
7. The last domino played will be answered by (and matched to) the first domino played, forming a rectangular shape.
Suggestions: Make sure that the dominoes are facing the inside of the rectangle.