Are you looking for math challenges for your early finishers? This set of 50 riddle cards for high second graders through fourth graders will challenge your students with both place value knowledge and algebraic thinking. The range of difficulty will allow you to differentiate easily, keeping multiple levels of learners engaged in practice.
There are no clues requiring multiplication or division in this resource.
Please download the preview to see examples of the difficulty range of these riddles.
This resource includes…
* 50 multi-step place value riddles for three-digit numbers
* An answer key for you or your students, provided in both color and b/w
* A student recording sheet
* A coordinating game board for using the riddle cards in a math center or small
group, also in color and b/w
* Four task cards for independent use in math centers
* Four blank cards, for your students to create their own riddles or task cards.
Use these cards for 50 days of bell ringer tasks, or for a no-prep activity for a volunteer to use with an individual or small group. Great for tutors, too!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Place Value Riddles for Three Digit Numbers ~ Fishing Around
Third Grade Math ~ 120 Riddle Cards
100 Riddles for the Hundred Chart: Grades 4-5
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will receive customized email updates whenever I post a new resource. ☺
Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson
Follow me on Pinterest
Primary Inspiration Teaching Resources on Facebook