Fun spinner for use with a pencil and paper clip. Perfect for small groups. Second page is a recording sheet to record number of times the clips lands on each place value segment. Comes with detailed directions on the third page. Thanks for shopping!
(Optional) Allow students to color code each segment of the spinner.
- Give each student a large paper clip. Students will use the point of the pencil as the anchor point for the clip.
- Allow students to work in pairs to complete 15-20 spins.
- Student should use tally marks to record each time they land on a particular segment.
- Students will count the number of tally marks in each place value segment and record the number in the “Totals:” boxes at the bottom.
- Students will practice saying and writing the new number that they have created.
Each period is shaded. Remind the students not to forget to write the commas at the end of each period.