If you are using a Math Workshop Model or are in need of some really cool games to teach your students Place Value, then this is a definite must have!
There are 6 math games with 3 differentiated levels each (that's 18 games in all!). All of them have a Cowboy theme for some added fun.
1. Around the Corral - focuses on reading numbers in standard, expanded, and word forms as well as comparing numbers with another player
2. Round Up Them Doggies - focuses on rounding numbers to different places values. Students move around the room matching answers to cards on their sheet.
3. Snake Bite - focuses on comparing numbers in order to avoid getting 'bitten'
4. Close the Gates - focuses on rounding. Students are given cards where the match the edges with one given number to its rounded result to complete a shape
5. Rustle Up Some Vittles - focuses on reading larger numbers in standard, expanded, or word form. Students play a classic Go Fish game with a deck of cards
6. Wanted! Diced or Alive - focuses on that tricky standard of knowing the Power of Tens (700 / 70 = 10). Students roll dice to build a number and then use task cards to write a new number that has a digit 10 x, 100 x, or even a 1,000 times greater than their original number