Are your students bored with place value worksheets? If you're looking for something a little different with a fun twist, this resource is for you! These task cards have 20 place value riddles for 2nd and 3rd-graders. Each riddle gives students practice with:
- mental math
- place value
- expanded form and word form of numbers
- reading and writing numbers within 1,000
- skip counting by 5s, 10s, 100s within 1,000
Some of the fun riddles in this resource are in the form of multi-step word problems for 2nd-grade and 3rd-grade students.
Putting word problems in riddles makes them interesting so that students stay engaged and have fun with their math.
Especially when you're practicing place value! Students need to use number sense in order to solve each fun riddle.
- 20 Place Value Riddles on Task Cards
- Instructions for Using QR Codes
- 2 Different Task Cards Sets: One with QR Codes, One without QR Codes
- Extension Task Cards for Students to Write Their Own Math Place Value Riddles
- Answer Keys & Response Sheets
- NEW!!--An Interactive PDF Version that allows your students to type directly onto the worksheet through Google Classroom⭐⭐
These place value task cards also follow VA Standards and TEKS.
If you would like this in a Google Apps version, you can grab these DIGITAL Place Value Math Riddles in Google Forms.
- Math Computation Cell-Phone Shaped Task Cards
- Math Critical Thinking Task Cards
- 2nd Grade Money Word Problems Task Cards
- 2nd Grade Math Computation Task Cards
Grab some Hands-On Math Games HERE
⭐With the New Easel Activities Tool included with this resource, your students can type directly onto each task card through Google Classroom!
This feature has already been added, but you can edit it for your distance learning model.
Be sure to click the green star ★ beside my picture to follow me for updates and to get first dibs on the latest classroom goodies from me!
★★★Thank you in advance for leaving constructive and helpful feedback and ratings on this resource. This feedback helps me to serve you better. ★★★
©Tanya G. Marshall-The Butterfly Teacher, All Rights Reserved 2019 (UPDATED 2020)
For ALL resources from my store, please be mindful of "sharing" resources with co-teachers and other teacher-friends. I offer generous multiple-license discounts and school-wide licenses so that your teaching team can have copies for themselves.
Thanks for honoring these professional standards of ethics.