Two sets of task cards, each containing 24 cards, are included in this product. These task cards assess the following concepts:
- Reading and writing 7 digit numbers
- Rounding 7 digit numbers to the nearest 1,000, 10,000 and 100,000
- Comparing numbers up to the one millions place
- Identifying the place and value of numbers with up to 7 digits
The task cards align perfectly with Virginia Math SOL 4.1. The following technology enhanced items are modeled with these task cards:
- Fill in the blank: students record the answer without selecting from multiple choice items (free response)
- Hot Spot: students solve problems where there is more than one answer. All answers must be correct for the problem to be correct.
- Drag and Drop: these questions are more difficult to model than the previous two. Items are included where students sort information based on given answers. All answers must be correct for the problem to be correct.
A data collection card is included to record student progress for each skill and each set of task cards.
(c) Teachers' Pet 2015
Key words: place value, rounding, comparing, task cards, test prep