The 24 Common Core Math Task Cards deal with place value understanding including decimals, and the relationship to the values to the left and right of a digit.
*Recording Sheet included.
*Answer key is included.
*2 Print options included, color and gray-scale
Suggested use . . .
- Center or Stations
- Scoot (Place a card on each student's desk, allow an
allotted time to solve each questions, say, "Scoot" and play
music until the students are at the next desk).
- Scavenger Hunt ("hide" cards around the room, students
silently look and solve).
- Whole group (place a card under the overhead, students
solve, mix up the order to keep their attention).
- Small group or intervention time (4th graders that need a
challenge or 6th graders that need a review).
- Early Finishers (Place cards in a bucket, early finishers pull
a card and solve on their recording sheet throughout the
- Independent Practice
- Study or Flash cards
- Test Prep
Storing suggestions . . .
- Pencil box
- Business card holder
- Hole punch in upper left corner and keep on ring
The product is most aligned with the common core standard 5.NBT.1 Recognize that in a multi-digit number, a digit in one place represents 10 times as much as it represents in the place to its right and 1/10 of what it represents in the place to its left.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
Thank you Bright Scrappy for the background graphic