This is a common core aligned math unit that focuses on place value, in particular the 5 ways to write a number. This includes expanded form, standard form, word form, base ten blocks, and the place value chart. The activities found in this unit work well as whole group activities, as well as in correlation with math rotations or centers.
In this unit you will find:
* Place value number circle (can be displayed as a bulletin board)
* Place value dice game
* Standard/Expanded/Word form fill in chart worksheet
* Place value matching game (can be coordinated by theme)
* 5 Ways to make a number flip chart template
* Place value vocabulary words
* Place value vocabulary words definitions
This unit meets the following standards for Common Core and can also be used for differentiated instruction.
* 2.NBT.A.3 Read and write numbers to 1000 using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
* 2.NBT.A.1 Understand that the three digits of a three-digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones; e.g., 706 equals 7 hundreds, 0 tens, and 6 ones. Understand the following as special cases:
4.NBT.A.2 Read and write multi-digit whole numbers using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.