Place Value Trading Cards and Word Wall! Make studying place value FUN! *Use these whole group, in literacy centers, with partners, or individually. This is a set of 24 place value vocabulary cards that you can use with your students when teaching math. I created them to look like trading cards and my students LOVE using them! I’ve also included an enlarged set of these cards that you can post in your room as a place value word wall or bulletin board.
English + Spanish (A Spanish Place Value version is now included for FREE)
SAVE Over 45%
This product is included in my Math Vocabulary Bundle
that includes 13 sets of math trading cards + word wall posters.
This set includes:
• 24 place value trading cards with the word and a picture representing it on the front and an explanation and an example on the back.
• The same 24 place value cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and room to write their own definitions and examples.
• 8 blank cards that students can use to add more place value terms to if they come across them in their discussions, experiences, or studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their place value cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these place value vocabulary flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• An enlarged set of these cards that you can post in your room as a place value word wall or bulletin board.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class
• Spanish Place Value set now included for FREE to use with Spanish speaking or bilingual students
I print these place value flashcards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper.
The 24 place value terms included in this set of cards are:
• place value
• base ten
• expanded form (or expanded notation)
• standard form (or expanded notation)
• word form
• whole number
• decimal number
• decimal point
• mixed number
Here are some related products:
Place Value Vocabulary Cards
Place Value Vocabulary Word Wall
Check out my other MATH
Thank you for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Place Value Vocabulary Cards and Word Wall
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License