PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These Place Value Magic Square Puzzles Math Center Games make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on activities that meet the needs of all first, second, and third grade students! Let your students practice their place value skills within two digit numbers.
LOOKING TO SAVE SOME MONEY? THIS RESOURCE IS PART OF TWO BUNDLES. CLICK ON EITHER ONE BELOW TO LEARN MORE:
→ PLACE VALUE MAGIC SQUARE PUZZLES
→ 200+ MATH MAGIC SQUARE PUZZLES FOR GRADES 3-5
These place value puzzles will help your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders master various aspects of place value with two digit numbers. Work on standard form, expanded form, word form.
There are 18 Magic Square puzzles in this product. However, there are two of each puzzle – one with pictures for students who need a little more guidance in the direction the pieces should face and one without pictures so other students can have more of a challenge. This is differentiation at its finest!
WHAT YOU GET:
• 18 two-digit number place value puzzles
• two options of each puzzle above - one images and another set - this way you can differentiate to best meet the needs of ALL learners
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
• Centers, stations, or rotations
• Early or fast finishers
• GATE (gifted and talented education)
• Worksheet alternatives
• Critical thinking skills
• Student, partner, or small group collaboration
• Test prep
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
• So much fun! I printed two copies, and highlighted matching sides on one of them to make it a bit easier for those who struggled with it.
• This product was exceedingly helpful in my classroom! It was absolutely worth every penny! Thanks for a great product!
• This is such a wonderfully useful product. Thank you so much for offering it! My kids love working with it.
• The gifted kindies and 1st graders I work with loved these puzzles. They thought they were very challenging, which also led to discussions about perseverance!
• Love it, love it, love it. My students go back to these cards time and again. Good review of number sense and the different way to convey numbers! Thanks
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY:
These great place value game activities are great for your first, second, and third grade classroom or homeschool students. Print, cut, and go! You'll soon have great place value learning stations you can differentiate to meet the needs of ALL learners in your classroom.
These puzzles also work great to promote critical thinking and work on growth mindset. Choose the easier version of the puzzles (with the images), or use the puzzles without images for an added challenge.
Not sure how Magic Squares work? Check out this blog post!
Love Magic Square Puzzles? You can find even more in my store!
Thanks for looking!