The place value system can get confusing as students work their way into decimals. I have put together a little bundle that includes:
--A flashcard game to practice decimal place value (3 different sets with directions included)
--A worksheet to go with the flashcard game (with a direction sheet)
--A separate worksheet to practice decimal place values
--An answer sheet for the worksheet
Direction for the flashcard game:
1. Choose 2 flash cards.
2. Write down your numbers in the space provided.
3. Identify which number has the greatest value using >, <, or =.
4. Write down the place value of the underlined digit in each number.
5. Determine which underlined digit has a greater value.
6. Explain how you know your answer is correct. Use math vocabulary in your response.
This activity works especially well at math centers or small groups!
CCSS: 5.NBT.1, 5.NBT.2, 5.NBT.3A, 5.NBT.3B