Looking for some place value activities perfect for practice or review? I have used these activities in many ways in my classroom. They are great for independent practice of skills, as well as part of a re-teaching or intervention group. Each activity (except the task cards) can be completed with the number cards (7 different sets included), or by rolling dice to create a number.
There are five different activities – each one can be completed by using the number cards or rolling dice to create a number. (The “Task Card Talk” activity does not need the cards or dice.) Each activity focuses on a different place value skill:
(1) Roll/Choose and Draw – showing numbers with base ten blocks
(2) Pick Your Place – understanding place value within a number
(3) Number Compare – comparing numbers using the symbols <, > and =
(4) Number Expand – writing numbers in expanded form
(5) Task Card Talk – reviews all place value skills
This resource contains 7 sets of number cards. You can choose ANY of the cards to use with the activities. Challenge your students with the expanded form cards, or mix-and-match creating your own set. Each set contains 18 cards.
2-digit number words
3-digit number words
2-digit expanded form
3-digit expanded form
Mix of 2 and 3-digit challenge cards
Take a look at the preview for more details.
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa
Need more math activities? Check these out:
Playing at the Pet Shop - Money activities
Place Value Math Games Bundle