Encourage students to think about place value in a range of ways. These cards are open ended allowing ample opportunities to problem solve and show thinking. A great warm up lesson for mental computation, homework task or handy in a relievers bag - this pack has it all with a total of 48 number based cards.
Example questions include:
* How many numbers can you write with 5 in the thousands place?
* How many numbers can you make using the digits 1,0,4,8 & 9.
* A number has been rounded off to 9000. What might this number be?
* Write as many numbers as you can that have a 9 in the tenths place.
* The answer is 95 legs. What is the question?
* Five numbers make a total of 19 273. What might these be?
Question cards cover place value concepts found in the Year 3 to Year 5 Number strand of the Australian Curriculum . Included are 48 colour cards and a black/white version of each. 8 cards per A4 page - please select ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Please make sure you follow my store for notifications of new products, freebies and sales. If you love this resource it would be greatly appreciated if you leave feedback. You will earn store credits every time you do.
If you are interested in this resource, I recommend these:
Learning Intentions - Year 3 Mathematics Learning Intentions - Year 4 Mathematics
Learning Intentions - Year 5 Mathematics
Learning Intentions - Year 3 English
Multiplication and division posters
Number of the Week activities
Math mazes - 12 and 24 hour time
Math mazes - multiplication, times tables and problem solving
Find great FRACTION activities here
Comprehension reading and writing task
Punctuation task cards
Creative writing task cards (story starters)
Comprehension task cards - infer and retrieve
For all our BOOK COVER sets, click here