Learning about place value can be a lot of fun! Here are 8 engaging games and center activities to reinforce place value concepts to 10,000. Just print, cut, and laminate and you’re ready to go! Each of the games has a directions page that you can place with the game to help your students remember how to play.
While these games are perfect for centers, they also work well with small group remediation or morning work. You also get a set of 24 task cards that can be used as a whole-class game of Scoot.
Here are the games in this product:
Games to play with the Place Value Mats & Number Tiles:
1. Gather a Gopher: Students create numbers and compare them. Largest number gets a gopher!
2. Build a Number: Students spin to create numbers. Then they record their answers and expand the number.
3. Place Value Bump: The classic game using numbers to 10,000.
4. 24 Task Cards or use them for Scoot.
Games to play with the Place Value Activity Cards:
1. Gopher Whack: Students practice reading numbers in various forms. First to “whack” the largest number gets the cards.
2. Gopher Race: Board Game practicing reading and comparing numbers in different places.
3. Card Sort: Match up the 4 forms of each number
4. Go Fish: The classic game, using the place value cards.
Please download the preview for a closer look.
Here are some other math activities you may like:
Scoot for Unknown Numbers
Rounding to the Nearest 10 and 100 Bundle
Calculator Practice Task Cards
Stay up-to-date about my store!
If you’d like to know when I post new activities or have a sale, look for the green star near the top of any page in my store and click “follow me.”