Place Value to Thousands: Addition Properties
Hello again, and welcome to ninth handout of our Place Value series!
We’re excited to share it with you, because this time it's all about addition properties: the Commutative Property of Addition, the Associative Property of Addition and the Identity Property of Addition. Yay!
If you've checked us out before you know how we like to break things down: An AWESOME mini-lesson and TERRIFIC practice questions. If you're new to our work, that's how we roll. :)
Once you’ve checked out this handout (and fallen in love with it), you’ll definitely want to come back and scoop up our Place Value with Addition and Subtraction within 1,000 Bundle
, which combines all 16 handouts in our Place Value series!
For now, let’s take a closer look at this particular handout.
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach problems from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Spiral Review
-Kids' brains are like sponges, but knowledge can leak back out if they don't re-soak, so to speak. This review dusts the cobwebs off of earlier units.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Consider splitting up the longer handouts (more than 2 pages) across multiple days (i.e. odd/even)
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
Looking for more links to our other math materials? Look no further, friend!
More handouts in our Place Value unit:
* Place Value to Hundreds pgs 1-2
* Forms of a Number pgs 3-4
* Determining Value pgs 5-6
* Comparing Numbers FREEBIE pgs 7-8
* Ordering Numbers pgs 9-10
* Rounding to the Nearest Ten pgs 11-12
* Rounding to the Nearest Hundred pgs 13-14
* Rounding a 3-Digit Number to the Nearest Ten pgs 15-16
- Addition Properties pgs 17-18 -
* Addition Strategies pgs 19-22
* Subtraction Strategies pgs 23-26
* Subtracting Across Zeros pgs 27-30
* Using Key Words to Add or Subtract pgs 31-34
* Estimate a Sum pgs 35-36
* Estimate a Difference pgs 37-38
* Find the Value of an Unknown Number pgs 39-42
Check out our other math units:
Basic Addition and Subtraction
Multiplication and Division Bundle
Properties of Multiplication and Division Bundle
Area and Perimeter Bundle
Measurement and Data Bundle
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits:
"How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
"How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.