Place Value to Thousands: Subtraction Strategies
Hi friends :)
Another day, another awesome Place Value handout! Up next is subtraction strategies: Subtraction Algorithm, Counting Up, Subtraction Using Place Value (Decompose) and Subtraction Using Base Ten Blocks.
Thorough mini-lesson? Check. Engaging practice questions? Absolutely. All that's missing is you :)
Once you’ve tried this
handout, should you develop a need for more Place Value practice, our time- and money-saving Place Value with Addition and Subtraction within 1,000 Bundle
would be a perfect solution.
Now, how about we take a closer look at how we’ve set up this handout?
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach problems from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Spiral Review
-Kids' brains are like sponges, but knowledge can leak back out if they don't re-soak, so to speak. This review dusts the cobwebs off of earlier units.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Consider splitting up the longer handouts (more than 2 pages) across multiple days (i.e. odd/even)
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
Looking for more links to our other math materials? Look no further, friend!
More handouts in our Place Value unit:
* Place Value to Hundreds pgs 1-2
* Forms of a Number pgs 3-4
* Determining Value pgs 5-6
* Comparing Numbers FREEBIE pgs 7-8
* Ordering Numbers pgs 9-10
* Rounding to the Nearest Ten pgs 11-12
* Rounding to the Nearest Hundred pgs 13-14
* Rounding a 3-Digit Number to the Nearest Ten pgs 15-16
* Addition Properties pgs 17-18
* Addition Strategies pgs 19-22
- Subtraction Strategies pgs 23-26 -
* Subtracting Across Zeros pgs 27-30
* Using Key Words to Add or Subtract pgs 31-34
* Estimate a Sum pgs 35-36
* Estimate a Difference pgs 37-38
* Find the Value of an Unknown Number pgs 39-42
Check out our other math units:
Basic Addition and Subtraction
Multiplication and Division Bundle
Properties of Multiplication and Division Bundle
Area and Perimeter Bundle
Measurement and Data Bundle
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits:
"How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411 :)
"How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat :)
Thanks for taking the time to check us out! We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.