Place Value using money activities:
1. Example poster of bills & columns to the millions (yes back in the old days the bills went past $100)
2. Cut & paste so the students can make their own
3. An internet activity w/facts about the currency from mint.gov explains why a dime is called a dime
4. Key to above internet activity
5. A single page table for students to complete the place value chart, standard form, expanded form and word form of a given currency picture. (These will probably look best in color, so I didn't want to use more than one page and I made the images small but not so small that they wouldn't be able to recognize).
6. Key to #5 activity
Our TX curriculum goes to the billions place for 4th grade, but I was unable to get it to fit to one page where the dollar pictures were visible enough to identify. I was unable to find clip art like the $ question on the released STAAR test, so I used some I found on the internet. The rule for money clip art is posted on the mint.gov website, it is in regarding to the size you would be printing it to and that it can not be 2 sided. I also included a link that has free math clip art with larger money images that would be for primary coloring where one coin fills up a whole sheet w/o being blurry type thing.