Here on my TpT by popular demand!
This planner/journal is suitable for Pre-Service Teachers completing placement or prac in a Primary or Secondary setting. It's a compact, simple and practical tool to get organised as well as record and reflect on your experiences in the classroom.
For each day there is a four-page spread including:
- Daily Observations
- Daily Reflections
- General Notes x 2
This planner caters for up to 50 days of placement
Also included are the following pages:
- Key Information
- Class Timetable
- Class List
- Important Dates
- WOW Moments x 2 (one for each uni semester)
- Placement Days Countdown (Up to 50 days)
- Graduate AITSL Standards table
- General Notes x 30+
- Weekly Overview x 12
268 Pages total
This planner is ideal for PSTs like myself who like to have a structured template to guide their observations and reflections. The Daily Observations page is a place to record what you do each day, how this links to AITSL standards, theory and the curriculum (handy for your final year portfolio!). The Daily Reflections page prompts you to think about both the positive and negative aspects of your teaching each day, and how to improve in the future. There are additional pages for general notes to add more detailed observations, planning, meetings and PD notes (2 pages per day and 30+ at the end).
At the end of your placement/prac your completed planner will give you an overview of your ability to meet the AITSL standards and curriculum requirements as well as your theoretical knowledge, strengths and areas for improvement. The main aim of this planner is to streamline recording and reflection, leaving you with both a valuable resource at the end of your placement and more time to plan your lessons and complete your assignments!
I’m happy to personalise your front cover with your preferred title (prac vs placement) and/or your name- just email me once you’ve made your purchase! Leave a question below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more
** IMPORTANT- Printing Instructions **
- Print A5 and do not scale. If your default PDF viewer doesn’t allow you to print A5, download the free viewer program Sumatra PDF (google 'Sumatra PDF' and follow the links to download)
- Don’t forget to print DOUBLE SIDED. This not only saves paper, but is important to maintain the 4 page daily spread.
- Because every Uni structures placement differently, the weekly overviews are at the end of this PDF. I’ve included 12 weeks worth (2 pages per week, 1 page double-sided), but more can be printed if needed. Once you’ve printed your planner, simply insert a weekly overview where each of your weeks begin (or where ever works best for you!)
- Bind and enjoy! I’d recommend tying a piece of ribbon to the binding to use as a bookmark, and I'd love to see your finished planners on Instagram :) Tag me @littlecreatureteacher