Thoroughly tried and tested 4 week unit on Places Poetry that has consistently produced excellent results for students between 13-16. The unit places a strong focus upon independent analysis, encouraging students to explore and respond to poetry with insight. Three separate poems are explored, culminating in an extended essay (approx. 1300 words) comparing how William Wordsworth and William Blake present attitudes to the city in the poems 'Upon Westminster Bridge' and 'London'.
* 11 lesson plans (with 16 differentiation strategies)
* 54 slide PowerPoint presentation
* All resources (including blank copies of poems)
* Meticulously annotated copies of poems for teacher
* Homework project
* Sample full mark response to essay question
* Detailed help sheet for students to use when completing essay
Unit's lessons include:
* Engaging starter activities e.g. cross words and anagrams
* Match-up activity on poetic devices
* Step-by-step paired poetry analysis tasks
* Analysis of 'Island Man' by Grace Nichols (with mini essay)
* Analysis of 'Upon Westminster Bridge' by William Wordsworth
* Analysis of 'London' by William Blake
* Extended essay comparing the poems by Wordsworth and Blake
* Teacher/peer/self assessment opportunities
Thank you for taking an interest in my product! If you do decide to proceed to purchase, I'd really appreciate your rating and feedback. This will help me to adapt future products and edit existing ones so that they can really be the best they can be.
If you enjoy this product, please do check out my others and click 'Follow' to be the first to hear about new products, sales and promotions!