This packet was created as a resource to the Scott Foresman Reading Street® Unit 1 story, Plaidypus Lost. Please be sure to check out the preview of this product not every page is shown but you will get a good idea of what is included! Below is a more detailed description of what it includes. If you have any questions please ask. ☺ Enjoy!
1. Cover ~ Title Page
2. 5 Concept questions of the unit, week, day (Great for a focus board!)
3. High frequency words poster – the, little
4. Amazing words poster
5. 6 individual amazing word posters with clip art and description
6. ½ sheet amazing word posters – Great for writing the room or center work.
7. Printable – Worksheet to go along with the amazing words
8. I, am sight word cards – Add to word ring or for send home practice.
Center directions and Extend your day directions are included in your Reading Street Manuals:
9. Center – Journal Pages Day 1-5
10. Center – Letter Sort
11. Center – Make a sign – Lost sign included and worksheet for the students.
12. Extend your day – Families – worksheet to go along with the activity
13. Extend your day – Letter Match – Letter Cards
14. Extend your day – ½ sheet cards with the 5 senses on them and a picture to match.
15. Sequence poster – comprehension skill of the week
16. 5 daily fix it posters – there is room to correct the sentence. (Laminate for reuse and use with a dry erase marker.
17. Printable – F,G,H, I, J, K, L, M, and N – 4 piece puzzles – Use at a center, use as a reinforcement activity, or keep together for a letter introduction poster.
18. Rainbow writing – the, little
19. Fill in the sentence printable – the, little
20. Flip & Find Printable
21. Flip & Find Directions
22. 5 pages of sight word cards to match the Flip & Find
(Flip & Find – place the cards in a pocket chart or on a table, have the children take turns picking a card and reading the word or naming the character from the story, trace the word on their printable worksheet or color the character. Activity is finished when all cards are flipped over. My kindergarteners LOVE this and it has really helped with sight word recognition!)
23. Printable – coloring with sight words the, little, I, am – platypus
24. Large Sight Word Cards – both this weeks and lasts – Use on your focus board for introduction to new words.
25. Write it, Trace it, Build it printable – the, little
26. Plaidypus Pal – Give each child a platypus. Allow them to create their own Plaidypus by coloring the platypus plaid, cut them out and place them on a wooden stick. They now have their own Plaidypus pal.
27. Credits Page
There are a total of 61 pages included in this packet!
If you find this a helpful resource in your teaching of Scott Foresman Kindergarten Reading Street, please consider following my store! I will be adding resources packets to go along with the other stories!