Looking for your next community trip idea? Use this helpful resource to plan a shopping trip around Thanksgiving!
I designed this activity to use with my 6-8 grade students to help prepare for a field trip to our local grocery store. My goal was for my students to become familiarized with grocery store vocabulary, thanksgiving food vocabulary, organization, money handling, and social skills associated with a shopping trip.
Students will be able to:
- Recognize and use grocery store/thanksgiving food vocabulary.
- Gain understanding of food quantities and units of measure, in terms of food pricing.
- Create a shopping list within an assigned budget.
- Prepare a menu, following a standard format.
- Become familiar with organization of a grocery store/shopping trip.
Sales flyers from supermarkets
Vocabulary assessment- page 8
Shopping List Handout- Page 12
menu-planning Handout- page 11
Calculators – for figuring out prices
Conversation Questions (uno game)
Pictures of food items (uno game)
Vocabulary lists- Pages 4-5,10, uno game