Thank you for your interest! This product was made for my classroom this year as a fun project that combines the following skills:
• Adding multiple dollar and coin amounts
• Budget/ budgeting
• Wants vs. Needs
• Rounding to the nearest dollar (not addressed on activity pages, but is a possible extension if your curriculum covers it).
The download includes the following forms:
• Party Planning Form- to be used to help get their creative juices flowing!
• Project Explanation page with expectations in PDF form, Pages & Word versions
• Party Planning Budgeting Page- for students to use to keep track of wants vs needs and the cost of their items.
• We are a 1:2 Chromebook classroom, so many of my students chose to create a Google Slides project showcasing why their party was the one to vote for. The possibilities with this project are endless, depending on how much technology you have access to.
• If you are also a Chromebook classroom, once you have downloaded, please email me and I can send you the Google Drive files so that you can use them in Google Drive rather than on paper. This way, you can teach your students how to use the SUM formula to check their work, as well as add anything specific to your classroom.